Born and raised on a rural road in southern Piscataquis County, Brian chose to dig his roots deep into Central Maine at a young age.
After graduating from Piscataquis Community High School in 1999, Brian purchased a landscape company that was originally intended to supplement his income while attending the University of Maine in Orono. In eight years time, this “part-time” enterprise had grown by 10,000% over its first year earnings.
In 2007 he sold Howard’s Seasonal Services and took a position as Operations Manager of Gordon Construction Corp of Pittsfield, ME, which was originally established in 1946. Brian held a management position with Gordon Construction before taking the role of President/CEO in 2010.
Shortly thereafter, he moved the company to his property in Sangerville and changed the name to Gordon Contracting Inc.
Since then, Brian has managed construction projects in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island, working for the Local, State, and Federal Government entities as well as private clientele, and has overseen nearly $100 million in construction contracts.
Brian married his high-school sweetheart, Samantha, in 2003, and together they have two children, Hilary and Grant. They reside on 80 acres in Sangerville, which is also where the Gordon Contracting Office and Shop is located. The location is less than five miles from where Brian grew up. He enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, boating, snowmobiling, skiing, hunting, and attending his children’s sporting activities and church on Sunday.
Ardent believers that to whom much is given, much is expected, Brian and his wife enjoy philanthropic endeavors in the local community, quietly supporting charities, churches, sports, and programs that help fill needs for their neighbors.
- Edward T Gignoux Federal Courthouse Renovation – Portland, ME
- US Coast Guard Building 14 Upgrade – Boston, MA
- NAVFAC New England Building 291 Energy Upgrades – Portsmouth Shipyard, ME
- Thunder Hole Renovation- Acadia National Park – Bar Harbor, ME
- Camden Hall Renovations – University of Maine Augusta, ME
- University of Maine Hutchinson Center Addition – Belfast, ME
- Van Buren Land Port of Entry – Van Buren, ME
- Fort Devens Army Reserve Center – Ayer, MA
- Armed Forces Readiness Center – White River Junction, VT
- Armed Forces Reserve Center – Rutland, VT
- USPS Renovations – Rockland, Belfast, Old Town, Hampden, ME
- Augusta Armory Exterior Improvements – Augusta, ME
- Maine Criminal Justice Academy – Vassalboro, ME
- University of Southern Maine Philippi Hall – Gorham, ME